The Requirements of POS Software
There are a certain set of rules that computers basically follow when they communicate with other computers and those rules are predefined in nature. Universally, these rules are known as protocols. With the help of these protocols, terminals of POS communicate with various other devices. All the programs of POS software are strongly supported by protocols. This enables them to interact and communicate with a very expansive variety of devices that include a POS printer, a debit/credit reader and a bar-code scanner. There are multiple protocols of POS command. Some of them are DSP-800, EPSON Esc/POS, ADM 787/788 and CD 5220.
Advantages of High-Quality Software
POS Software that are excellent in quality are very advantageous. They are highly efficient and can aid you in increasing your profit levels substantially. With their help, you can also reduce inventory costs and improve customer service considerably. Moreover, you will be able to save a lot of time with the assistance of POS software since they have the ability to completely automate the tasks that are repetitive in nature.
READ MORE :
- How to Make Money Online With WordPress and Other Blogging Sites
- How to Select a WordPress Blog Theme
- How to Avoid a Lemon Automobile?
- How to Find Tours and Travel Canada
- How the Automobile Developed
Choosing the right POS software
You will find multiple products available in the market that is affiliated to the software of POS. In terms of providing high-quality products related to POS, there is intense competition among various service providers. This might make it challenging for you to choose the appropriate POS software for your business enterprise.
There are some factors that you must bear in mind while selecting POS software. First and foremost, you must consider the industry you operate in. Secondly, you must take consideration of the overall revenue generation of your company.
Furthermore, you must ensure to check that the software is stable and bug-free before your purchase it. You can get this confirmed by any retailer who is using them. There is much software that is compatible with various operating systems such as Macintosh, Linux, and Microsoft. Of these, it has been observed that the options available with the POS system of Windows is the best rated.
Facts and figures of POS System and Software
There are more than 300 POS systems available in the market today. Over the last decade, the accounting industry of software has consolidated and developed very rapidly. You can expect a similar consolidation in the industry of POS. You must know the details and preparation required to find the most suitable software for your enterprise.
Factors to Consider while selecting POS Software
1. Give importance to the company/vendor that is selling or providing POS software. For this, you must consider some basic criteria while analyzing any POS vendor. They can be mentioned as follows:
* Number of users
* Financial stability
* Years in business
* Reputation in the industry
2. Consider your growth plans for the future. This is very essential. In this context, some areas that deserve consideration include preparations for E-commerce, programs of customer loyalty, multi-store requirements, integration to applications of business that are you are currently running or those that you are planning to run somewhere in the near future and CRM needs.
3. The packages of POS software can vary significantly in terms of capacity, so you must make some assessment of your individual situation and requirements before making a decision of selection. For instance, the management capabilities of inventory that will be ideal for a multi-store chain will be excess for a single boutique store. Moreover, the attention and feeding it would need might never be worth the extra effort.
Free POS Software
Due to growing demand in the application of POS system, its software products are also attaining a steady base of customers on a worldwide basis. If you feel that you cannot afford to invest too much money on POS software products, then you can consider obtaining those ones that are available at no cost. With free POS software, you will be able to save hundreds to even thousands of dollars since you will not require purchasing expensive new software systems.
To avail free POS software, you will need a personal computer that is linked or based on a cash drawer/register system. It is not even necessary for the equipment to be new. Most of the free programs of POS software will be able to track sales by cashier and item and can be used with the help of scanners as well.
Some free POS Software Products
The following free products of POS software that are being enlisted may be compatible with your present computing system or even with used or new equipment that you acquire. You should, however, verify compatibility with these before installing such software on a running system or before buying any new hardware.
1. POSGreen Lite: This free software of POS is based on the very same engine of Fieldpine that is implemented in their premier versions. However, it is available absolutely free of cost and without any restrictions in terms of time. Some minor drawbacks of this software include its lack of support of network and limitations in terms of the number of products that can be tracked.
2. FreePOS (Version 4.95E): This freeware of POS is specially created for use in restaurants.
3. Cash Register: This POS freeware has a very simple name that denotes a complete and holistic software product. This software program can perform basically all the common register tasks and functions. It can monitor sales of around 60 employees, track up to almost 13,500 SKU’s and even handle sales reporting on a daily basis. This program is based on DOS. Thus, it will run on Windows or DOS based computing systems.
4. Retail ICE: This program is not downloadable. It has a shipping and materials fee of $20.00 in the USA but is worth consideration.
5. PetraLite- This POS freeware is a Lite version of the very popular PetraSell. It is not limited to time and has a true POS depth. Its only drawback is it’s being restricted to a single mode of the user.